- 99% mindre vattenförbrukning
- Daglig skörd
- Inga transporter
- Helt obesprutat
17 DECEMBER 2020 14:37
Swegreen represent Swedish AgTech spear-head competence in talks to UAE Minister of Food and Water Security
This week, Swedish startup Swegreen’s CEO Andreas Dahlin was to present his successful company before the UAE Minister of Food and Water Security, Her Excellency Mariam Hareb Almheiri, when Swedish trade delegation was visiting the UAE, United Arab Emirates.
The trade delegation from Sweden was led by Vice Minister for Foreign Trade & Nordic Affairs, Krister Nilsson, together with Swedish Ambassador of the UAE Henrik Landerholm and Ambassador Håkan Emsgård. The meeting was aiming talks about food security, and also on opening doors for possible collaboration with Swedish AgTech companies with global potentials. It was held at Ministry of Food and Water Seciurity in Dubai, UAE, with the minister, Her Excellency Mariam Hareb Almheiri, as host.
One of just a few Swedish promising companies in the AgTech industry chosen to present before Her Excellency Minister Mariam Hareb Almheiri, was Swegreen represented by CEO Andreas Dahlin. The presentation, due to Covid-19 restrictions held online, focused on describing Swegreen’s world-leading innovation and business model, called Farming-as-a-Service (FaaS), which is a Vertical Farming solution fully integrated with a supermarket or restaurant, providing hyper-locally fresh produce round the clock, all year.
- With our FaaS solution we have actually a proof of concept disrupting the traditional models for Food Industry on three levels, says Andreas Dahlin.
- First, we have proven that with hydroponic technique, it’s possible to produce more nutritious and better tasting leafy greens in a more sustainable way than traditional farming. Second, we have cut the traditional supply-chain by taking the farm all the way into the supermarket – and by that eliminating the expensive Last-Mile transportation problem that all other Vertical Farming enterprises struggle with.
- And last, we have disrupted the old-fashioned trade model in Grocery Industry, by implementing our subscription-based business model, says Andreas Dahlin.
Her Excellency Mariam Hareb Almheiri was the first minister globally to get appointed with responsibilities for food and water security, leading an ambitious agenda driving towards several UN SDG’s.
The trade talks between Swedish Foreign Affaris and the UAE, was coordinated by Swedish trade bureau Business Sweden.
- As a startup with only a little more than 1,5 years of operations, it’s really a great confirmation of our spear-head innovation to be invited in such a context by Business Sweden. It shows that we have come a long way in a short time, and that our Farming as a Service solution is valid on a global market, Swegreen’s Andreas Dahlin finishes.